Kiwi Christmas Printable Activity Books
These printable booklets are just perfect for those of us wanting to keep the kids happy and busy over the summer break, all while still supporting their learning and development.
We are a big fan of The Green Grubs Garden Club, created by Rosie, who is a NZ mother, teacher and nature club enthusiast. I especially love how eye catching her printable resources are, and that they help to connect our kiwi kids with the natural world, getting them outside, exploring and adventuring!
If you haven’t discovered them I highly recommend checking them out.
Every time I visit Rosie’s amazing website I find something new that the kids just love. No matter what children are interested in Rosie has created a resource to support their learning, from the natural world, insects, and animals to learning about special occasions such as Waitangi day and of course Christmas!
Amazingly lots of The Green Grubs Garden Club resources are FREE and other just cost a few dollars for hours of learning and fun. We just love that!
Check out these FREE fantastic Christmas Advent Challenge Task Cards
68 Advent Calendar task cards ~ examples include:
• Find some Christmas songs to sing along with on YouTube
• Use some lego to build Santa’s sleigh
• Choose a toy you’ve outgrown to gift to charity
• Learn how to say ‘Merry Christmas’ in another language
• How did your grandparents celebrate Christmas when they wereyoung? What was their most memorable gift?
• Design & make a sleigh out of a cardboard box
• Find, photograph or sketch a Pohutukawa in bloom
• Find some photos of your parents celebrating Christmas when they were young
• Make up some actions to your favourite Christmas song. Share them with an audience
• Make some place names to go on the table for your big Christmas day meal
At our house we are currently loving the Kiwi Christmas printable booklet. It is jam packed with activities for the kids to support their literacy development, general knowledge about NZ and they are even learning a bit more Te Reo Maori as they work their way through the book. (I’m learning lots too – it’s great!).
Grab your Kiwi Christmas Mini Booklet here for just $4.50.
The biggest problem is trying to decide what booklet we will do next…there are over 150 different booklets packed with fun learning activities for the kids! I have just found one about fairy houses, and as we are planning a fairy house this summer in the garden this will be ideal! My son has discovered the booklet all about the illusive praying mantis, and next he’s keen to try learn more about spiders and stick insects.
Join The Green Grubs Garden Club on Facebook to keep up to date with all the new goodies Rosie is creating!
Check out more resources to support learning and development HERE