Hello ECE colleagues…
My name is Jamie Geurtjens, and I am really thrilled to announce the launch of The Learning Hub here in NZ and I would like to offer YOU the opportunity to get involved in something UNIQUE…something special.
Since graduating from Teachers College in 2003, I have felt that we as teachers, would benefit greatly from a support network…
Somewhere that we could all connect, share resources, bounce ideas off one another, and importantly, discuss professional development opportunities, and get support from experienced colleagues.
I also felt that more could be done to support parents and whanau, giving them access to resources that would allow them to share learning experiences with their child in the home environment.
To that end, this year I created The Learning Hub.
The Learning Hub is a website that has been created as a resource for both parents and teachers and our goal is to become the “go to” place for everything ECE.
Our blog posts are filled with great ideas for teachers and parents and they usually include links to Tewhãriki to make lesson planning easier!
Parents are encouraged to support their child’s learning at home with great resources and activity ideas…all of which can be linked to Tewhãriki.
We also want to help provisionally registered teachers where we can, and our resources for teachers are a great starting point.
We also offer them the opportunity to submit articles to our website. If their article is published, it can be submitted under Criteria 5 of their registration application. ; )
Currently, we are in the process of adding a ECE directory, allowing parents to quickly find a centre near them (or anywhere in NZ for that matter) so they can find the best childcare for their children and whanau.
It is a FACT that parents are no longer using the yellow pages to find childcare. Instead, they are using internet searches.
In this modern society, social media is HUGE and young parents are using it to interact and connect with centres.
We can take care of all of this for you, simply by listing your ECE business with us.
So…let’s get you noticed, and share with the learning community what makes your centre so unique.
This will help to keep your roll full as well as creating a healthy waiting list!
So…when you list your ECE business with us, this you get:
- For 365 days, an ENTIRE webpage within our directory dedicated to SHOWCASING your ECE business which includes:
- 3 full colour images to engage the parents that view your page.
- ALL of your contact information can be displayed, including phone number, email, and business hours.
- A link to your website (if you have one) and social media links for Facebook and Twitter if you have those.
- You can sculpt a special message for parents where you can tell them about the features of your centre, your teaching philosophy, and introduce them to your staff.
- You also get FULL ACCESS to The Learning Hub’s ECE support network ‘The Staff Room’. The “Staff Room” is a PRIVATE Facebook Group where ECE teachers can ask for support, share ideas about learning and teaching in NZ, and so much more.
- The latest professional development workshops and opportunities will be posted in the “Staff Room”, as well as the opportunity to access some of NZ’s best learning resources from Kiwi companies, including UNIQUE multicultural resources.
- Teacher registration opportunities for Criteria 5. Provisionally registered teachers can submit articles for publication online and this can go into their registration folders.
- Be ELIGIBLE for some amazing giveaways that we have lined up just for our “Staff Room” members.
Yes…its true that there are other ECE directories available here in NZ but…NONE of them can offer what we can. Most offer a listing service and nothing more.
Here at the Learning Hub, as important as our directory is, we offer so much more.
Now, an ECE listing with us will usually cost $110 per year, but we are offering you an opportunity to list at our introductory price of $99 including GST!
Compare that to a one off newspaper advertisement!
Listing in our directory gets your ECE business 365 days of exposure + all the bonuses!
You can get listed with us RIGHT NOW!
Click HERE to take a look at one of our SAMPLE LISTINGS.
OR…register (step #1) and list your ECE business yourself (step #2) by clicking here.
I look forward to hearing from you.